Wednesday, 4 July 2007

Spit

Shuffling changes
Needle skips
circles in the gravel pit
spun me out from under you
dried the rain
and off she flew

Rustling pages
curse the wind
Stuttered words caught in a spit
Ink-drenched drivel
driving home
the hymn that hums,
'you'll never know'

Am I the lucky one
to lie unseen
Am I my own cross to bear

Chippings fly like spitting sparks
Gun-fired broken hearts, stamp marked
Until leather-skinned retorts replace
The love that lost, to losing face

seize the day that dares give way
to dark, by brute force, gets his way
And mocks the setting with his moon,
Who, keeping face, soon changed his tune

annul disownment
Am I the reason?
Am I hoping
that you're there

goodbye exposure
Am I relieved (yeah)
Does it exceed
Cost of sale

Am I the only one
am I deleted
am I my own cross to bear

Winter without dessert
Summer deserted
Well I wont eat, I'm overfed

Shuffling changes, needle skips.
Circles in the gravel pit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home